"The word I'm saying is easy enough, but it is the hardest word I've ever tried to say. is one that would explain all my feelings. But how can I express them all in one word? Whenever I try to put it I can not ever, and when I tried to plan it always escapes my plans and my language. I try to be a singer who sings no vocabulary, and a poet is not burdened with shelves of books. Yet my library is already quite crowded, and many other strange words coming from other ports, I'm here, ready for me to go to bed and enjoy it, but as far as I can try to avoid these books and say my words with my own two hands free. The word I'm saying is here, close, loose and ready on my lips and the tip of the tongue, but rarely comes out, is a species of eel that slips between the net before I could tighten it and pull it up. I know what my word means. I know what he says. I know its weight and its measures, its name, the label and trademark. I know its shape and its surface, his home, his family, his taste, his smell and the touch of her skin. I know my word that you know better than me in the same way that you know better than you can ever not know me. (...) This is not a secret word or a magic formula. No word is a secret. No word is magic. No word is hidden. I follow this word for so many years, I followed her around the house where I was born. I let her take me for a finger and take me out to where the flakes of snow blew into the bushes. "
Woody Guthrie
0 comments:
Post a Comment